The objective of the Shooting Association is to encourage firearm owners to practice their firearm handling and shooting skills in a safe and fun environment with like-minded people.
Persons who belong to an accredited association such as IFTA Shooting Association and who participate in shooting activities regularly can apply for Dedicated Status and will then qualify for certain benefits as laid out in the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000.
Why Should you Join an ITA-Accredited Shooting Club?
The more you handle and use your firearm, the more competent you become with your firearm. This can only be beneficial when facing a self-defence situation.
Muscle memory is built through repetitive action. If you are carrying a firearm for self-defence, you should be able to draw, aim and fire the firearm competently with little thought given to the movement of this action and more thought given to the safety precautions and place at which the bullet will come to rest.
The SAPS recognises firearm owners who belong to shooting clubs when they apply for firearm licenses.
The Benefits of belonging to a Shooting Club
- Discount on Range Fees at ITA or an associated shooting club shooting range
- Free club shoot once a month at ITA or an associated shooting club shooting range
- Special offers on Equipment
- Professional Advice from Advanced-level ITA Instructors
- Access to Tactical Range Officers
- Access to skill builder programmes
- ITA endorsement letters for firearm licence application
- Membership card and letter as required by SAPS for Section 16 Licences (Dedicated members)
- Membership card and letter as required by SAPS for Section 15 licences (Occasional members)
Over 1000 members countrywide and growing
ITA HQ Shooting Club
ITA HQ shooting club is one of the clubs that is affiliated with the ITA Shooting Association. The club runs from ITA’s head office in Krugersdorp. Members meet twice a month to participate in a variety of shooting exercises that are designed to challenge shooters at various levels of experience.
The exercises are run by experienced Range Officers and ITA-accredited Instructors. ITA HQ shooting club is a great place to fine-tune and practice your shooting skills.