Why Should you Join an ITA-Accredited Shooting Club?
The more you handle and use your firearm, the more competent you become with your firearm. This can only be beneficial when facing a self-defence situation.
Muscle memory is built through repetitive action. If you are carrying a firearm for self-defence, you should be able to draw, aim and fire the firearm competently with little thought given to the movement of this action and more thought given to the safety precautions and place at which the bullet will come to rest.
The SAPS recognises firearm owners who belong to shooting clubs when they apply for firearm licenses.
The Benefits of belonging to a Shooting Club
- Discount on Range Fees at ITA or an associated shooting club shooting range
- Free club shoot once a month at ITA or an associated shooting club shooting range
- Special offers on Equipment
- Professional Advice from Advanced-level ITA Instructors
- Access to Tactical Range Officers
- Access to skill builder programmes
- ITA endorsement letters for
- Membership card and letter as required by SAPS for Section 16 Licences (Dedicated members)
- Membership card and letter as required by SAPS for Section 15 licences (Occasional members)
- Licenses issued to Dedicated members for 10 year periods instead of 5 years
- Licensing of AR-type weapons
Over 1000 members countrywide and growing